Most of the time, parents know how to do what is best for their children. That is why child custody and support disputes can be so difficult. Parents must often find solutions that meet their children's needs during a highly stressful point in their lives.
The Beverly child support attorneys at Porcello Law Offices provide practical solutions to these matters. We have more than 40 years of combined legal experience and are devoted to our clients. Contact a Salem child custody lawyer to arrange a free initial consultation.
You and your children deserve to be represented by a lawyer who is committed to protecting your interests. We are here to guide you to child custody and support arrangements that take into account your child's needs and also acknowledge your needs and rights as a parent.
With more than 40 years of collective experience, our attorneys — Jean Porcello-Giusto, Lindsey A. Dulkis Patten and Anthony S. Porcello — will give you straightforward family law advice. We have helped countless families through child custody disputes involving:
- Divorce: Ending a marriage is difficult enough. When you also have to worry about your children, we can help you find a solution that works for your family.
- Restraining Orders: Unfortunately, Restraining Orders are not uncommon in cases involving child custody disputes. If you need advice regarding a restraining order, we will work quickly to resolve the matter and protect your rights.
- Massachusetts Department of Children and Family: We are experienced in cases involving social services. We have acted as court-appointed guardians ad litem to protect the best interests of children. We understand the issues that often arise in these cases, and we can act to protect your interests.
- Grandparents' rights: When a family member helps care for a child, his or her rights should be respected. If your grandchildren are being kept from you, we can work to establish grandparent visitation rights.
Once custody has been determined, the issue of child support must be settled. We have represented parents with simple or complex financial situations. Child support is based on income. Complications in calculating support can arise when one parent is self-employed or not forthcoming regarding his or her income.
- Are you married to someone who is self-employed? Some self-employed individuals do not report all of their income. If your spouse is self-employed and you are collecting child support for the children, we can ensure his or her actual income is included in the child support calculation.
- Are you self-employed? We frequently represent contractors, business owners, medical professionals and others who are self-employed. We work with tax experts and accountants to determine your actual take-home pay and work from this number to determine child support payments.
Contact Our Beverly Child Support Lawyers
At Porcello Law Offices, your family matter is important to us. Work with a Massachusetts law firm devoted to you. We offer free initial consultations. To schedule yours, you may call 978-745-5553 or contact us online.